Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation Album

Ahh vacations, we all look forward to them all year long. I helped my cousin make this vacation album as a gift to her mother-in-law. We bought this kit a few weeks ago in Wal-Mart which I am sad to say when I went in Wal-Mart a couple of days ago the scrapbook section no longer carries Kurio or EK Success it is ALL Martha Stewart. I don't have a problem with her, it is just I LOVE Kurio and the Disney products from EK Success. C'mon what happened here???
Back to the subject at hand, my cousin brought a stack of her vacation pictures over to my scrap haven and we picked her 10 favorites to use in the album. It took us about 4 hours to put it all together, not too shabby (time wise) I think.

Like many children on road trips the infamous question "are we there yet" was asked numerous times. So these little words on the page over their Duragno really has a significant meaning. I absolutely love that her daughter Hannah came up with the idea of making a wig out of seaweed. I found an eyelash fiber in my stash that matched perfectly to flow from the picture, giving it a 3-Dimensional feel. Ha! sometimes I surprise myself....my cousin was thinking the same idea as I pulled the fiber out and laid it over the page!! Great minds think alike, thanks for sharing my love of Scrabooking Corina!! We liked that the suitcase album looks like a cluttered suitcase with lots of odds and ends hanging out!
Unless otherwise noted all the supplies came from the Kurio "Wish you were here mini book kit".



Supplies: Red staple
Supplies: page anchor and brown brad by Creative Impressions; and black eyelash fiber.
Supplies: Blue washed frame from Colorbok's Neutral Scrap Pack.Supplies: Green washed paper from Colorbok's Neutral Scrap Pack; eyelet; white embroidery floss; and metal tree charm by Colorbok.
Supplies: Gray patterned paper (with train tracks) from Colorbok's Neutral Scrap Pack.


I tell you little mini scrap kits like this really save some time to make a quick and easy album. Which is super nice when they are for a gift like this one was!

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

I love mini albums, and this one is a work of art--beautiful job!