Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Birthdays, oh, birthdays!!

This first card was made with the Card Maker birthday kit. I love having materials on hand to make a 10 minute card, most of my other cards take me a minimum of 3o minutes to design and create. Some take up to an hour, but I don't fret about the time, it's totally worth it to me (and hopefully the recipient)!This card was for a Broncos fan, so I folded a piece of brown cardstock and cut it to a football shape, then I sanded the folded edges, marked the "threads" with a white marker and added two strips of white paper.

My oldest daughter LOVES monkeys and I found this super cute digi-kit at http://www.designerdigitals.com/ called Monkey Do by Mindy Terasawa. I used both the kit and the stickers to make this fun monkey birthday invitation!
Acrylic, or acetate, cards are so much fun too!! It is hard to see the acrylic piece, but if you look closely you can see the outline of it. Remember this acrylic card I did? The blue mesh at the top of the card was cut from body poof material, this one happened to come as a liner in a gift basket, but you could cut up a regular poof just the same!

I attached the smaller white card that came with the acrylic card by punching holes in the fold of both cards and tying a soft fiber through them.

Thanks for coming by today!!! I hope your having a wonderful summer!

No comments: