Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CREATE

I'm always in the process of trying to liven up my craft room. I've seen wooden words of inspiration in many crafters' rooms and enjoyed the feeling it made! So I grabbed me some wooden letters, some Tim Holtz crackle paint and created my "CREATE"!!! lol :P
Up close you can see I did not paint them solid, I wanted a shabby feel to the letters.The inside of the letters I left white. These pictures really don't show the crackle texture very well. I just zoomed in with my camera and snapped these close-ups. Opposed to standing on the counter top to take a better pic.I certainly have made WAY more cards lately than anything. I haven't actually scrapbooked in a very long time...it sort of saddens me, where does my time go??? REALLY? This card is full of lace, vintage trims, stitches and frilly goodness!! It is so hard to loose a loved one and I wanted a card that was comforting to touch and filled with lots of Love. The rose is a remnant of the arched lace at the top of the card and I bundled it and hand stitched it to a sheer leaf by Creative Impressions. The yellow paper lace trim at the bottom was from one of the super cute packages that Shelly wrapped my purchase in. She always puts lots of love and care into her customers packages!! You should check her out...I squealed when I saw her cute alphabet soup kit, I didn't win the giveaway...harrumph, and when I went to her shop to purchase one...they were already sold out, that Chicky is one HOT commodity!!To mimic the cute yellow trim on the front of the card, I used a Fiskars lace border punch on a piece of yellow paper on the inside of the card.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to hear from you!!!

No comments: