Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spite and Malice

No, I'm not on an evil kick...lol. This is a super fun card game my sister-in-law taught me! It requires 4 decks of cards, so I thought of a cool way to store them together...inside a metal tin! I've had these around for awhile and didn't know what I was going to do with them. I made two, 1 as a gift, and 1 to keep!! The tin is colored with Tim Holtz denim, red pepper and gold alcohol inks! They are so fun to play with and they work great on metals! The grungeboard skulls are also by Tim Holtz, and were painted with his black soot cracklepaint!
I printed the club, spade, heart and diamond images out on the computer, traced them onto Cricut vinyl, and cut them out. I applied the gold alcohol ink first, and then used the shapes as a mask on the tins. I then used the red pepper and denim alcohol inks over the top of the masks.

Next I stamped the swirls (acrylic stamp) by Autumn Leaves, with jet black StazOn ink. I dipped the skull stamps by Inkadinkado, in the alcohol solution (which removes the ink) giving the skulls a ghost appearance!
The alphabet stickers are by Making Memories.
The tin holds all 4 decks of cards nicely!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments: