Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Scrapbooking Yourself






















When you are the photographer in the family, you don't wind up in many photos(which I am thankful for). But just as you scrapbook the lives of those around you to prevent them from being forgotten, you should include yourself once and a while, just as I have done here. For the many pictures I have taken and scrapbook pages I have made for everyone else, so far, there is just this one dedicated to me.
Supplies: One Season digital papers by Vera Lim (Prima Hybrid), Prima flowers, Making Memories ribbon charm and glitter brads, tan sheer ribbon, black rick rack, black fringe trim, pink bungee string, various fonts from scrapbook answers, Photoshop Elements 2.0, Fastenater & slotted staples by EK Success.
This was my first "hybrid" 12x12 scrapbook page. Using Photoshop Elements 2.0 I layered the papers and cut them in a scalloped edge. I created the faded eyes at the bottom by cropping an up-close photograph of myself, lowering the transparency on the layer to 49% and using a 'soft round' eraser with a light opacity. The two polka dotted papers (gray & peach) on the left side of the page were each given a shadow effect to look like they pop off of the page. The smaller polka dot paper on the right was actually printed separately, cut out and placed on the page with foam squares to raise it, and give it that dimensional look. This also helps the fringe attached to the bottom swing freely.

No comments: