Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Da-y Cards

I seem to always be a little off on posting themes relevant to the current dates, but someday I hope to catch up. So if you happen to view my blog for upcoming inspiration I apologize.



For my Father's Day cards I wanted to use some of my Mac Guyver scrapbooking skills to put them together. Since I don't have to worry about the archival safeness of the materials I used some items from here and there that I have been saving for this very type of project.



The corrugated paper fronts of each card came from the packaging of my husbands new BBQ grill. I used each one in a different way making each card unique, just like each man I gave it to.




For my husband, the man who holds the key to my heart, a key was the theme. For my father, fishing was the theme since he, and my mother have been doing a lot of fishing. For my father-in-law, John Deere was the hidden theme because of his love for the tractors.


Husband's Father's Day Card Front
Husband's Father's Day Card Inside
Supplies: Corrugated cardboard from Charbroil Grill box; tan cardstock; vellum; jet black ink by StazOn; Key Grungeboard by Tim Holtz; plus and minus screw top brads by Creative Impressions; grommet & setter by EK Success; white bungee from clothing tag; Antelope H. font; Photoshop Elements 2.0; Epson R1800
Father's Father's Day Card Front (ha that sounds funny)

Father's Father's Day Card Inside
Supplies: Corrugated cardboard from Charbroil Grill box; green cardstock; Brown & Green ink by Colorbox; zipper pull from old clothing; twisty ties from packaging; green Dymo tape and Dymo tagger; date stamp; raffia; fish die-cut altered from Cricut 'Dreams Come True' cartridge image; 'DAD' pre-cut alphas; nail sanding block; Antelope H. font; Photoshop Elements 2.0; Epson R1800

Father-In-Law's Father's Day Card Front
Father-In-Law's Father's Day Card InsideSupplies: Corrugated cardboard from Charbroil Grill box; tan cardstock; yellow paper; raffia; 'DAD' pre-cut alphas painted yellow; Canary Yellow and Old Ivy acrylic paint by Plaid; Green ink by Colorbox; bronze eyelets; Antelope H. font; Photoshop Elements 2.0; Epson R1800