Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Purse Birthday Card

I LOVE my Cricut. There are so many possibilities if you just use a little imagination! I tend to hold on to things that most people would just throw away. Like a package ribbon that was disassembled by your children. When others would see trash, I see treasure!! This is a perfect example, where I turned a little trash into a creative handle for a purse card. I am not sure what kind of ribbon this would be called? It is kind of springy like a slinky, and I just couldn't part with it.
Do you hold onto odd things like this in your household?
I sure would like to hear I am not alone!


Supplies: Pink & brown cardstock; green patterned paper from Super Slab 9 by Provo Craft; purse cut from Cricut's Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge by Provo Craft; 'Birthday Blessings' cut from Cricut's George and Basic Shapes cartridge by Provo Craft; swirl clip by Creative Impressions; antiqued brad by Making Memories, magenta paper flower by Prima; gem brad by Oriental Trading; brown, pink and green chalk; nail sanding block; and sticky Velcro.
Technique: (for purse only) I cut the purse die out in both the pink and green patterned paper using the same size (6). Cut the side and lid flaps off from the green paper and save them for the outside of the purse. Place brad through green flap of purse lid then adhere to the pink paper. Put handle ribbon in holes and adhere in place, then adhere the green paper on what becomes the inside liner of the purse. Fold the purse flaps in place and adhere the pieces together. Adhere the two cut side flaps from the green paper to the outside of the purse. Cut a tiny square from some sticky Velcro and adhere to lid of purse creating a working clasp, I chalked each piece to blend in with the paper around it.