Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tinkerbell and a little decor

I just recently finished this Tinkerbell album which contains pictures that are almost 6 years old.
If you only knew how far behind I am scrapbooking....eek it makes me cringe. OK, so I technically have been a scrapbooker for 9 years (since my first daughter was born), but I haven't had any time to really work on anything between children, work, school and all the normal things that go on in life. So now that I am finally working part time from home, I have the freedom to start to catch up...pheeew!!!

Anyways this is an EK Success accordion album. I think Mya (who was 3 and is now 9) looks so stinkin cute in these pictures dressed as Tinkerbell! Shaylie didn't make a bad ballerina for her first Halloween either! I will more than likely journal on the book soon so that we can remember this all better 20 years from now when they fade from our minds!
If you look super close you may notice that some of the pictures have a seam in the middle where I have digitally overlapped 2 different scans of the album (This is the same for any other 2 page layouts I post). I do not alter the scrapbook in any way when I do this, it is just that I can't scan 2 pages at the same time, so I use Photoshop to seam the 2 scans together!!! Supplies: 6x6 accordion Tinkerbell album by EK Success; and white pom-pom's.
Supplies: Fairy Glow (green), Tinker Bell Phrase and Bubbles paper by Sandylion; Light Perfectly Plum and Dark Pretty Pink paper by WorldWin Papers; blue chipboard flower by Colorbok; yellow/blue polka dot paper flower by Prima; blue sticker button by Button Ups; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: Fairy Garden (purple), Tinker Bell Phrase and Butterflies paper by Sandylion; Dark Belgium Blue and Dark Luscious Lime paper by WorldWin Papers; pink iridescent paper; purple paper flower by Prima; pink and green button; green embroidery floss; purple fiber; Tinkerbell ribbon charm and purple sheer ribbon by EK Success; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: Fairy Garden (purple), Tinker Bell Phrase and Butterflies paper by Sandylion; Dark Belgium Blue and Dark Pretty Pink paper by WorldWin Papers; green chipboard flower by Colorbok; Tinkerbell chipboard cut from package (MacGuyver scrapbooking again!); green fiber; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Psst, by the way isn't that an amazing painting in the background? It is about 4'x4'! My Mommy painted it!!! She is sooooooo soooo talented....Mom you should paint more!!!

Supplies: Bubbles, Tinker Bell Phrase and Fairy Glow paper by Sandylion; Dark Luscious Lime and Light Perfect Plum paper by WorldWin Papers; pink and orange chipboard flowers by Colorbok; gem ribbon brad by Oriental Trading; pink rick rack by American Crafts; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.

Supplies: Fairy Glow (green), Tinker Bell Phrase and Bubbles paper by Sandylion; Light Perfectly Plum and Dark Pretty Pink paper by WorldWin Papers; blue chipboard flower by Colorbok; yellow/blue polka dot paper flower by Prima; blue sticker button by Button Ups; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: Fairy Garden (purple), Tinker Bell Phrase and Butterflies paper by Sandylion; Dark Belgium Blue and Dark Luscious Lime paper by WorldWin Papers; pink iridescent paper; purple paper flower by Prima; pink and green button; green embroidery floss; purple fiber; Tinkerbell ribbon charm and purple sheer ribbon by EK Success; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: Fairy Garden (purple), Tinker Bell Phrase and Butterflies paper by Sandylion; Dark Belgium Blue and Dark Pretty Pink paper by WorldWin Papers; green chipboard flower by Colorbok; Tinkerbell chipboard cut from package (MacGuyver scrapbooking again!); green fiber; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: Bubbles, Tinker Bell Phrase and Fairy Glow paper by Sandylion; Dark Luscious Lime and Light Perfect Plum paper by WorldWin Papers; pink and orange chipboard flowers by Colorbok; gem ribbon brad by Oriental Trading; pink rick rack by American Crafts; green and purple ink by Pretty Color; zig-zag deco scissors; pictures printed on Epson R1800; and Scotch ATG 714 tape gun.
Supplies: 6x6 accordion Tinkerbell album by EK Success; and Tinkerbell ribbon charm and ribbon by EK Success.

I feel like I have gotten a lot done today!! Not only did we look at 9 houses today, but I got these pots done also!! If you look back to this blog entry where I show my scrapbook room you will notice them sitting there on the floor (4th pic down), unpainted. That picture was taken back in January, yes, it is about time I got these blasted things painted!


Supplies: spouncer brushes; paint brush; burnt umber and teddy bear tan by Plaid; and Varnish by Delta Ceramcoat. Yes I only used 2 colors!!!
The leftmost pot I painted with the Burnt Umber and then used a stiff spouncer brush to stroke the Teddy Bear Tan paint on. The middle pot I used a sponge spouncer to but the Teddy Bear Tan on and then I used a paintbrush that had uneven stray hairs on the tip to brush the Burnt Umber up and down about 3 brush widths. I then took the brush and stroked it side to side to give it kind of a denim look. The pot on the right I used the sponge spouncer and dabbed both colors on randomly (both individually and then mixed). I didn't like the look of it enough, so I went back over the whole thing with the stiff spouncer and did the Teddy Bear Tan first and went back over it with the Burnt Umber. I topped them all off with a coat of Varnish to keep the acrylic paint on when they get watered, so now they are nice and shiny!!!

I wanted them to match, but be different. Does this look like something you would buy in the store or does it look totally homemade??? Sometimes it is hard to tell when you made it yourself. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love your pots! You should sell your stuff on Etsy.com! Good luck!

skirt in a tree said...

Ok where to start!
So much eye candy to love your very talented and I love that your first post was the GREAT! card you gave to me! I also really liked the cabin picture frames very ingenious.


Therese

Just Me said...

i agree! you should sell on etsy!!!

and I LOVE LOVE your new blog header, so dang cute! wow!

that tinkerbell is so cute, too....you've been busy!!!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What an adorable album!!! Those pics of your DD are great! And the pots are beautiful. :)